With E3 right around the corner, the rumor mill is spreading like wildfire. Allegedly, an Ubisoft employee has spilled the beans on some of the features, power, and pricing points of the upcoming Wii U. Here's what he had to say.
- Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
- Wii U will support two touch-screen controllers
- The console has 2GB of RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
- The launch date will be 23 November
- Launch price hasn't been decided but will be between $350 - $450 (£220 - £285)
- Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin's Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft's Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
- There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
- Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
- Assassin's Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
- Wii U will come with pre-installed software
- Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
- Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
- Wii U will support achievements
- Wii U's UI will be customizable
- The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor
- The trigger buttons won't be analogue
We'll see what comes true in just a couple of weeks!